Each month we feature the current needs of a local community organization. Listed below are easy ways to support Village Shalom's work to enable senior adults to flourish in a safe, caring, compassionate community.
- $36 buys a subscription to Dakim Brain Fitness; canvas, paint, and other art supplies for their ‘Memories in the Making’ program; one half-hour of professional entertainment for residents (musicians, magicians, tap dancers, etc.). These items support Village Shalom's mission of nurturing the emotional, social and spiritual well-being of their residents.
- $50 provides flowers for dining areas on shabbat or table centerpieces for quarterly family dinners. These items enhance the lives of residents and the time they spend in community with those they love.
- $60 pays for a blue ray player. Movie screenings and access to the internet provide games and activities for residents.
- $300 pays for a portable projection screen for movies, meetings, events, and Village Shalom University classes.
- $450 funds a smart TV used to enhance programming for the Shalom Suites 2/3 residents. Word association and trivia games are great activities for residents with dementia, and a Smart TV would create a visual aid to add to programs.