Each month we feature the current needs of a local community organization. Listed below are easy ways to support Midwest Center for Holocaust Education (MCHE). MCHE teaches the history of the Holocaust, applying its lessons to counter indifference, intolerance, and genocide.
- $10,000 – Covers a consultant’s fee for the initial phase in developing a new strategic plan.
- $5,000 or $10,000 – Sponsorship or co-sponsorship of an academic conference on the Holocaust, planned for fall of 2019, to be held at KU Lawrence campus.
- $4,000 or $8,000 – Sponsorship or co-sponsorship of a traveling exhibition from the Jewish Partisans Educational Foundation, “The Wartime Photography of Jewish Partisan Faye Schulman” – to be displayed at the downtown KC library in spring of 2020. Photos were taken at the time by Ms. Schulman during her time with the partisans.
- $2,000 - Purchase of an additional server to store photos, videos, survivors testimonies, and Power Point presentations. MCHE's current server is almost out of space.
- Film Series - Patrons ($1,000) and supporters ($500) for MCHE's 2020 series. These films draw new audiences to the work of MCHE and raise awareness about the Holocaust and MCHE's mission. With underwriting, MCHE is able to offer the films and refreshments at no cost, which, based on follow-up evaluations from last year, is a major factor in attracting audiences of 100 or more for each program. Through MCHE's relationships with several colleges and universities, students often attend as well. Each film is introduced and contextualized by a public historian.
- $150 - Sponsor (or co-sponsor) an individual film in the 2020 series.