It doesn't take a lot of money to make a difference. Listed below are current community needs in the amount of $100. If you have any questions or to make a donation, please contact Beatrice Fine or log in to DonorCentral to give through your Donor Advised Fund.
$100 can provide:
Through Chabad at KU, $100 can provide: 10 students who are quarantining in their rooms with a delicious Shabbat-to-Go Kit; a meaningful Jewish experience for 5 college students by placing a beautiful Mezuzah on their dorm rooms; 10 piping hot “Jewish Penicillin-Chicken Soup with Matzah Balls” deliveries to college students who are feeling sick and are alone in their dorm rooms; and a joyous holiday experience for 10 young Jewish students who are miles away from home.
- The Epsten Gallery is creating free art project kits for families to pick up at parks and other public spaces. $100 would provide 20 kits.
- $100 will provide 10 meals to home-bound seniors through the Kosher Meals on Wheels program.
- The J is seeking 2 new ball carts for its gym which are $100 each, and new iPad cases (approximately $50-$70 each) for the CDC.
- $100 will provide participants in The J's After School program with supplies to make kits for homeless individuals that they will give to organizations to distribute. $100 would also buy one or more Nintendo Switch educational games for the After School program.
- For Jewish Family Services, a $100 grant could provide: kosher food for a family of 4 for one week; a counseling session for an uninsured individual experiencing a mental health crisis; 10 personal protection equipment (PPE – masks, gloves, sanitizer) care packages for older adults; or, a month of incontinence supplies for 4 older adults.
- $100 can provide 20 pets with food through Jasmine's Corner, Jewish Family Service's pet food pantry.
- $100 provides a monthly Jewish Student Union activity box to 5 Jewish high school students which is full of interesting and interactive Jewish-themed activities and treats.
- For Jewish Vocational Service, $100 could provide: emergency assistance to a family providing a month of utility assistance as they catch up on bills; safety and cleaning materials to assist a family providing needed items for work and social distancing; healthcare, medical support and additional basic hygiene needs for a family of four for a month; transportation support allowing an individual to safely travel to and from work for a month; or support for families to obtain immigration and other identification cards that have increased in pricing.
- Through KU Hillel, $100 provides a Baby Jay Shabbox delivered to your door for Rock Chalk Shabayit — KU Hillel's virtual Rock Chalk Shabbat event on November 6 — and Shabbat dinner for a student. Donations to Rock Chalk Shabayit help KU Hillel continue to provide vibrant Jewish programming for all their students.
- For Mizzou Hillel, $100 provides 8 Shab-boxes to students with all the supplies they need to create a meaningful Shabbat observance safely at home.
- $100 would provide Village Shalom with 10 - 16 oz containers of hand sanitizer, or 1,500 disinfecting wipes.
- $100 would provide 2-3 audio speakers so that Village Shalom residents may play music in the hallways to enjoy together from their doorways.