It doesn't take a lot of money to make a difference. Listed below are current community needs in the amount of $100. If you have any questions or to make a donation, please contact Beatrice Fine or log in to DonorCentral to give through your Donor Advised Fund.
$100 can provide:
- Through Chabad at KU, $100 can provide: Ten students with a delicious Shabbat dinner to uplift their week; a meaningful Jewish experience for five college students by placing a beautiful Mezuzah on their dorm rooms; ten piping hot “Jewish Penicillin-Chicken Soup with Matzah Balls” deliveries to college students who are feeling sick and are alone in their dorm rooms; and a joyous holiday experience for ten young Jewish students who are miles away from home.
- $100 provides a class trip to a Hyman Brand Hebrew Academy Middle/Upper School student needing financial assistance.
- $100 would allow Hyman Brand Hebrew Academy to purchase several new books for the library.
- The J is seeking new iPad cases (approximately $50-$70 each) for the CDC.
- $36+ will help a student attend a Melton class at The J. $54 would provide a professional development opportunity for a KC Jewish community professional.
- For the Jewish Community Relations Bureau|American Jewish Committee (JCRB|AJC), $100 will provide one virtual presentation on antisemitism for teachers.
- For Jewish Family Services, a $100 grant could provide: kosher food for a family of four for one week; a counseling session for an uninsured individual experiencing a mental health crisis; or, a month of incontinence supplies for four older adults.
- $100 can provide 20 pets with food through Jasmine's Corner, Jewish Family Services' pet food pantry.
- $100 pays for one Jewish Student Union club meeting, which gives a dozen Jewish teens the chance to build Jewish identity and community on their public school campus.
- $100 provides a monthly Jewish Student Union activity box, full of interesting and interactive Jewish-themed activities and treats, to 5 Jewish high school students.
- For Jewish Vocational Service, $100 could provide: a month of utility assistance for one family as they catch up on bills; healthcare, medical support and additional basic hygiene needs for a family of four for a month; transportation support which will allow an individual to safely travel to and from work for a month; or, support for families to obtain immigration and other identification cards that have increased in pricing.
- $100 will provide ten meals to home-bound seniors through the Kosher Meals on Wheels program.
- For KU Hillel, $100 will provide one week of supplies for Jewish Flavors and Stronger Than You Know (Jewish learning classes), or a therapy session for a student in a mental health crisis with a licensed therapist from Jewish Family Services.
- $100 will provide a house of KU Hillel students with all the essentials and dinner for the Shabbat Around KU (SAKU) program. This effort helps empower students to practice leading their own Shabbats with friends from their dorms or apartments. Students sign up and the host receives challah, grape juice, candles and dinner, all covered by Hillel, thanks to your generosity.
- $100 would provide Village Shalom with a large digital picture frame for one care area. Village Shalom would be able to display photos of resident programs in common areas for families and residents to enjoy.
- $100 would provide Village Shalom with fresh cut flowers for one week for every area of care.
$100 would provide Village Shalom a heavy duty laminator for the activities staff to use for various projects.