It doesn't take a lot of money to make a difference. Listed below are current community needs in the amount of $100. If you have any questions or to make a donation, please contact Beatrice Fine or log in to DonorCentral to give through your Donor Advised Fund.
$100 can provide:
- Through Chabad at KU, $100 can provide: Ten students with a delicious Shabbat-to-Go Kit; a meaningful Jewish experience for five college students by placing a beautiful Mezuzah on their dorm rooms; ten piping hot “Jewish Penicillin-Chicken Soup with Matzah Balls” deliveries to college students who are feeling sick and are alone in their dorm rooms; and a joyous holiday experience for ten young Jewish students who are miles away from home.
- The J is seeking new iPad cases (approximately $50-$70 each) for the CDC.
- For Jewish Family Services, a $100 grant could provide: kosher food for a family of four for one week; a counseling session for an uninsured individual experiencing a mental health crisis; or, a month of incontinence supplies for four older adults.
- $100 can provide 20 pets with food through Jasmine's Corner, Jewish Family Services' pet food pantry.
- $100 provides a monthly Jewish Student Union activity box, full of interesting and interactive Jewish-themed activities and treats, to 5 Jewish high school students.
- For Jewish Vocational Service, $100 could provide: a month of utility assistance for one family as they catch up on bills; healthcare, medical support and additional basic hygiene needs for a family of four for a month; transportation support which will allow an individual to safely travel to and from work for a month; or, support for families to obtain immigration and other identification cards that have increased in pricing.
- $100 will provide ten meals to home-bound seniors through the Kosher Meals on Wheels program.
- For Mizzou Hillel, $100 provides eight Shab-boxes to students with all the supplies they need to create a meaningful Shabbat observance safely at home.
- $100 would provide Village Shalom with a large digital picture frame for one care area. Village Shalom would be able to display photos of resident programs in common areas for families and residents to enjoy.
- $100 would provide Village Shalom with fresh cut flowers for one week for every area of care.
$100 would provide Village Shalom a heavy duty laminator for the activities staff to use for various projects.