The Jewish Community Foundation is your partner in charitable giving. We offer easy, creative ways to make a significant impact with your tzedakah. Whether you’d like to memorialize a loved one, support a community organization in perpetuity or simply streamline your charitable giving, the Foundation is here to help you achieve your philanthropic goals.
By becoming a donor to the Jewish Community Foundation you can:
- Strengthen your family tradition of philanthropy
- Connect your charitable interests with the needs of local nonprofits
- Receive financial incentives that increase your ability to support your favorite causes
- Create a Jewish Legacy and benefit the community for years to come
- Honor or memorialize a special person
- Centralize and streamline your giving
- Take advantage of creative, strategic approaches to tax-wise giving, such as "bunching" charitable donations
- Contribute alternative assets, such as appreciated securities or real estate
- Use Foundation resources to evaluate and measure the impact of your giving
WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING STATEMENTS BEST DESCRIBE YOUR CHARITABLE GIVING GOALS?
- I’m interested in making donations to multiple Jewish and secular organizations and simplifying my charitable giving.
You may be interested in a Donor Advised Fund.
- I’d like to create a fund that supports a specific organization, area of interest or use, and/or limit the amount that may be spent from my fund.
You may be interested in a Restricted Fund.
- I’d like to make a gift to the community and let the JCF Board distribute funds to those who need it most.
You may be interested in making a gift to the Community Legacy Fund.
- I have at least $250,000 to invest and I’d like an alternative to a private foundation that receives the tax benefits of a public charity.
You may be interested in a Supporting Foundation.
- I want to Create a Jewish Legacy by making a gift that becomes effective at my death and/or pays me or someone else income for life.
You may be interested in a "Planned" or Deferred Gift.
Not sure which type of fund is right for you? We're happy to help. Contact Josh Stein at (913) 327-8121 with any questions.